Monday, July 7, 2014

USB Cables

For the past week, I had some major problems charging my handphone and tablet all because I was using a lower grade micro USB cable.

Ya, you know those that they sell at the night markets and they come in many colours to cheat you

Well, the thing was I knew it was not going to be as good/sturdy as the original cable but yet I decided to buy it. In fact it was my first time a 'fake' cable and if you know how I take care of my stuff, things rarely get spoilt or missing. hehe.

I did go to several shops before purchasing my 'fake' cable asking the shop keeper on the difference. They mentioned that fake cables are obviously cheaper but they tend to charge slower. I knew that but I didn't expect it to be so slow. I took 20 min to charge 1% of my battery. Funny thing was my brother's phone was charging as per normal. He owns a zero dollar phone while I decided to jump on the upper end of the handphone hierarchy.

In the end, I gave up on the 'fake' USB cable and bought the original cable and my phone is charging so much faster :D

And oh, original cables in singapore are way much cheaper compared to johor. Orignal or fake after this incident? * I still like cheap replicas :P*


1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you intend to get a new cable, do consider Belkin's cable. It's even better than the original cable !