Monday, October 8, 2012

Invincible Ant Trail

As you have noticed my recent blog post has been about random fascination of ants. Well, here's the problem i'm facing right now. Currently my room have zero food. Even if there is, it's either zip locked or in packets which makes it impossible to have ants. (that's what i thought)

So just now when I was bored, I decided to go on an adventure. I managed to identify the sources of ants i.e starts from outside my room and they seem to always take the same old path.

I even tried to spray some insecticide along the path, destroy it and to a certain extend lure it with sweet things but they still seem unfazed by my attempts.

I googled up on ant trails and this was a picture I found. Crazily, it can actually be related to optimization or shortest path distance. @.@ 

Well, that's not the main point. After trying all the above methods, I finally concluded that I should follow them all the way until I find their food source. Guess what i found,

Nothing. 

Guess E's right, maybe I should just leave them alone. After all they are just probably wondering around aimlessly looking for their 'food'. :D

Moral of the story (Although I think there's nothing much to learn) :
Do we have an invincible ant trail in our lives where we follow the rest thinking there's food at the end of the trail?

1 comment:

chin leng said...

bro, since when you become so philosophical! :) I think the ants followed steve job's philosophy - “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever.

I'm what you found - nothing - is still part of their path towards something :)